When to see good results after hair transplant procedure? The most common question asked by many patients in the initial consultation. Normally, it takes 7 to 9 months to see nice coverage of the bald area. A very known quote is patience is bitter but its fruit is sweeter. This applies to this transplant procedure as well. Hair transplant may require multiple sessions and take several months before the results start to appear. New growth not only makes your appearance but you start to live your life once again with confidence.
- Follicular Unit Extraction is performed under the microscope.
- Local anesthesia is given to numb the scalp.
- The donor area is shaved. This helps in easy and clean removal of individual follicle units. Hair grows in the form of groups called as a unit. Each unit contains 1-4 strands.
- The follicle unit 0.6-1mm in diameter is removed one by one.
- Tiny holes are made in the recipient area and units are placed there.
- The area is covered with gauze.
- In the case Of FUE around, 2,000 grafts are required. Each graft contains around 2 hairs which makes 4000 follicles.
Number of Sessions Required
An experienced surgeon can transplant around 2500 grafts per session. But it is better to do it in multiple sessions. The number of sessions required is decided by your surgeon after consultation.
Phases of Hair growth
Healthy hair grows at a rate of 1.3cmor 1/2 inches each month and 6 inches per year.
It passes through three phases during its life
i. Anagen is the phase in which it is actively growing at a rate of 1cm in 28 days.
ii. The Catagen phase is characterized by a transitional phase and around 3% of hair is in this phase at any time. It lasts for 2-3weeks
iii. The telogen phase leads to the shedding and is known as the resting phase. 6% of the hair is in this phase.50- 100 strands are shed every day.
When to see good results?
- At end of 1st week: During the initial days the scalp is tender to touch. There may be swelling of the scalp. Scalp healing may be achieved and the recovery process may be completed by the end of the week. During the first week, follow the precautionary measures advised by your doctor. Newly harvested grafts take 3 days to regain their blood supply.
- 2-4 weeks: hair shedding will start to take place.
- 4-8 weeks; Shedding will continue.
- 3-4 months: New hair will start to develop, 10-20% of the growth have occurred
- 4-6 months: 50% of the increase in length.
- 6-9 months: around 80% of the growth has been achieved.
- 12–18-months:Complete hair growth
Follicles in the frontal area, that is the area of the forehead grow faster as compared to the rest of the head due to abundant blood supply for nourishment.
Post-surgery hair fall is quite normal. It is unavoidable and temporary. Trauma to the hair can push them into the telogen phase. And hampered blood supply at the recipient area can further increase the loss. This condition is called shock loss or effluvium
Factors Affecting the hair growth
Donor scalp issues
Hormone imbalance causes alopecia and donor follicles may be somewhat affected by it. This results in a weak follicle that is not able to grow properly after the transplant. So, evaluation of the patient’s scalp is very important before performing the transplant.
Damage to follicles during the surgery may affect their growing abilities. Physical damage in the form of dehydration, blunt trauma to the bulb can lead to the defective follicle which may be unable to grow in the recipient area.
Keeping in mind certain factors, the appearance of the results may vary from person to person and the time required to see the result may also be different. Normally, 6-9 months after surgery, the result becomes appreciable and, in some people, it may take 12-18 months to see good results. After the hair transplant, the growth rate can be increased by medicines.
When to see good results after a FUE & FUT hair restoration procedure?
People also search
|2800 grafts before after||PRP treatment|
|Stem cell treatment||male pattern baldness|
For free consultation | Write us or WhatsApp | +923334309999